Ian Patricks

(starsian)

May 3rd 'The Burial' (part I)

Leave a Comment

The alarm rang, I felt the lights come on. To get downstairs wasn't the problem but to get up was. Could not shout, move or even open my mouth. The thought was excruciating even as my heart stopped beating. I could hear my mom screaming, my sisters sobbing then I felt the sheets cover my face.
It continued for a long time as everyone left the room I heard someone say 'buried alive' or, was it in my mind? I was pinned, nothing in me was moving. They say the dead will stay in the grave, but i thought purgatory was where they ended up immediately they died. May be this was death finally putting to sleep those  assumptions. maybe this is how it is to be. On may 3rd to be precise I felt two people carry me, pulled my clothes and started cleaning me, which made me wonder how many they were in the room. " make it quick, its going to be a short burial" that was the voice of my uncle, uncle Uriah. A short burial? So I was dead. I could believe, because all I could see was darkness only.
The two people carried me and tumbled me into a coffin after they had dressed me, or that was were they kept dead bodies proceeding to the burial ground.
As I was being carried to the grave yard, I am sure it was the family burial site where all from my great grandfather were buried. I heard my mom and I recognized my aunts voice; they were crying, crying out loud. They set the coffin down and I heard my uncle say "leave let me have some time alone with the corpse". I suppose the people that were in the room left, because i heard the door close immediately. "I am very sorry Damien Ruthford. But, your father is a parasite, a parasite that needs to be destroyed. In the next um... 20 minutes you will be buried alive and I would kill your father and possess my possession. You can hear, feel and nothing more, no part of your body moves only your brain. Pathetic! This should have been your dad but I guess you drank the poison. It sits perfectly by removing my brother and the rest of his family..." I heard footsteps approaching "oh, I think that would be your undertakers. I would gladly leave you be with them. Bye Damien."
Don't go near a rattle snake whose head is still intact. My mother warned against this man, but father and I thought it was just her womanly paranoia she was pouring out. Last night, when I broke into fathers room, I noticed the bottle of wine on the shelf and  drank it. It was a wine from italy, which seems to be the cause of this numbness, the connection to this curse. I cant be buried alive.
I felt the coffin I was in lift up; they were proceeding to the burial ground. On reaching the ground, I heard a man ask "how old is he", the priest. The coffin was dropped to the floor and I knew any second from now, I would be lowered into the ground. I can't stay. I cant be buried alive. The Mad priest commenced his session, poured out death in his speech "...from dust you came, from dust you shall return..." No! I started shaking in my mind then my eye started moving, blinking, the darkness was becoming lighter. Immediately, my heart began to beat, then it closed; the coffin. My body began to move vehemently. At this time I could see but could not talk and heard sand thud on the coffin roof. Its almost too late. By instinct, I hit the coffin door open and the two men pouring the sand ran.
People who were retiring to their homes looked back and saw the two gaunt men standing in vehement surprise with their spades on the ground. My mother ran to the coffin, where I sat gasping for breath. They carried me out of the six foot hole. I looked out for my Uncle Uriah but he wasn't there. We would meet at the mansion.
I was back in my room but with cardiographs, drip, a doctor and two nurses and my family. The joy I saw in my mothers eyes knew no bounds. They switched off the lights as every one left the room. I pretended to fall asleep because mother was watching at the door. I climbed down from the bed, snuck up to my fathers room (everyone was downstairs, only God knows what they were doing). At the back of his wardrobe was a safe with combinations 2,9,6,5,1. I had to get the pistol in it for the war about to descend.
I walked out of the room with the pistol in my pants and shut the door to my room. I waited till it was 11:00pm, when the mansion conveying our extended relatives was made silent by sleep.
By 11, I walked straight to my Uncles room, "the child lives, why?" That was my mothers voice. I opened the door slightly and found my mother standing and my uncle Uriah kneeling before her. "please, give me another chance, one more and I will kill them both" uncle Uriah cried.  "shut your mouth, you've had your chance, now you shall pay with your blood..." The voice was no longer that of my mother, it was husky with strength, but the face still was. I witnessed  uncle Uriah burn to ashes and the face of my mother bathed in laughter.
I dashed in and tried to hold the gun up to its head, but it was too heavy. The creature looked in my direction and laughed, the room began to swirl " shit" my right knee dropped to the ground as I tried to squeeze the trigger, but it wasn't moving. It is  finished. Darkness took over gradually. I had never felt anything like this, this black magic. The swirling became faster and my chances of doing anything perished.
I woke up and found my self In a small confinement, with a bed in it. I was facing upward... I could move and, and, I was in a coffin, a far less expensive one than the former my body lay in before...

to be continued... May 4th the ascension
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment