Ian Patricks

(starsian)

Naughty boy

Leave a Comment
You may think I am a cold hearted and an unconcerned father, but if you had my view what would you do.
My son Jake is a youth, quick to react without thinking. We went fishing one Saturday afternoon, when the sun shone in the water, mildly hurting the eye that had no shades on. Didn't know he brought his girlfriend, Vanessa, on board. I thought she was just one of my attendants on the yatch. That actually is the only place my son has ever shown intelligence, or maybe it was even the girls idea. Didn't realise it until the yatch made a sharp turn to avoid something I'm still not sure of. She fell off the yatch, spilling some of the champagne on the floor and leaving with the rest in the bottle.
I called the rescue department, but they didn't come on time, that was when naughty boy did this...
Naughty boy dives in, I can't help him, wasn't trained for this. This is as for as my protection power as a father reaches... Now I watch the last minutes of my son. His adrenaline pumps, he's full of vibrations, but he's  slow, too slow; even in falling.

Naughty boy running in water in search of Vanessa. I know he won't find her and if he does, she'll drown him. It's hopeless, we've tried. She's been there for 30 minutes, she should be dead and if she isn't; she soon will.
There is an object afloat on the water, that should be her. The water hinders movement, the boat is slow, but faster than naughty boy. False alarm, it's just the shirt of... Naughty boy, Jake.

Two holes through the chest, he's caught by a sword fish, devoured by something unknown. "Lets go home" I tell the lifeguard, "the useless girl, Vanessa should be dead by now." The gold champagne bottle floats, blending with the golden ray of the evening sun mirrored on the water.
Their death was an art and the sea their grave, the perfect artwork in the cemetry. "The night is fast upon us. Tell the sailor it's time to go home. No more fishing..."
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment