Ian Patricks

(starsian)

Accounts of a fallen

Leave a Comment
Should I bleed with the night and weep while it crouches to its well known destiny?
Was it envy, was it pain, jealousy or frustration. I looked up at the blue sky and sensed its well groomed emptiness. Power seems a stranger to my being, but its desire fuels, decreasing my essence if I have any. The body is weakness, my soul must transcend to heights above this vain world. So I sought out my hearts desire.
I met a sage who said I should pull in more hard work and apply wisdom that comes with the passage of time. Time, especially its process of things didn't impress me. It wasted its self upon my head coloring it grey, saying that was wisdoms sign. Moreover, my life was already the definition of hard, how much more could I take. I scoffed at the sages advise, buried it in the caves of oblivion. It looked rather like what a mad priest told his congregation out of obligation.
A little bird tweeted of a man that I must meet. So I journeyed to Britain in search of the man they called, Silas. He lived under the galtimore mountain in Ireland. He was a meta-human who could live in the water for seasons and come out with gold, pure gold, more like the golds of Ophir, accompanied by damsels; birds tweeted.
An embodiment of some power I thought to my self. Though That was not the sort I wanted, it was so wrong that anyone who wanted to meet him was considered a fetish fellow. I wanted to glide realms, be open to more elevations than the bland human could ever imagine. Never the less, this man would have me answers.
My meeting with this man changed me, but that tale is to be left for another time. I partook in some rituals, communed with some demons, soonest I was taken by a spirit into another dimension, and saw my self on a mountain, mount Everest to be precise. I saw creatures gearing at me from beneath the mountain, some were even flying. Their hideous appearances terrified me, the whole of me. A man appeared to me who I believe to be Hosain, one of Lucifers chief demons. He told me to look behind. I looked and saw innumerable number of angel like beings, who I believe to be the fallen ones. "by thy word they shall move, the elements and men shall bow before thy feet. Only... give me your soul." After the whole crescendo my spirit climbed, I beheld its diminuendo. It was too good a truth, a message of doom. Of a truth, Lucifer never failed in bringing ill tidings to mankind, but... What is the use of a soul if its sole purpose was to make sure you go through the flames and thorns of this life, adding nothing but pain and subtracting nothing. So I agreed, I agreed to part ways with my own soul.
I felt strange and powerful. To take a mans life was nothing and lives were taken by me. I had come to know the sweetness behind blood and never let myself thirst before I drank. Money was nothing to me anymore, it came like blessings pouring down from the windows of heaven. The people I thought mighty before, flocked around me like we had known each other since time immemorial. I transcended to the extent that black was my clothing and I could not walk the streets while the sun shined nor with humans. I could no longer be considered a human.
Years later, assignments after assignments, I had lost emotions that made complete a human, I was now fully of the dark. One day as I treaded the lowest parts of the earth and ascended even above the earth, I descended on the Burj Khalifa building. How sweet was it to be like these humans, to love and be loved, to belong to a family and die. What have I gained, I asked myself, this was not the plan. Everything now tasted like gravel and brimestone. An accomplished mans life should have no limits, and even if a man be limited, what he by his might accomplishes in his challenges is great power. Now Lucifer claims he made me.
I have grown tired of this darkness. I have lost the path, discarded the way and all that's left for me is... nothing and the darkness. No light shines in this place, there is no end to this torment, nor light at the end of this tunnel. No redemption for we who borrowed wings to fly.
I sit in this darkness with my like, we who have discarded the path for a desire that we felt was more than us and kept our souls as down payment.
In sobriety we reflect our foolishness as Tuomas Holopainen plays the piano in the background of this accursed lair. My clock is turned downward as my end proceeds forward.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment